It's Wednesday (for about another hour) and I've decided to
steal the idea follow the lead of the Sheep and do a WNBP (Wednesday Night Bullet Post). Here goes:
- Today was a holiday here in the U.S. - Independence Day, better known as "the Fourth of July". Most people celebrate with BBQ's and fireworks; not me. What'd I do today? I went to the gym with Patti first thing this morning, came home and floated in the pool for a couple hours, took a nap on the couch for a couple hours, had takeout from "York's Best Roast Beef & Seafood Rest." (that's really the name) for dinner - YUMMY, knit for a while, and now posting on the blog.
- I know you are all wondering how I can stand all the excitement, but to me, this was a perfect day.
- I finally posted the Haymarket Bag pattern. There's a link in the sidebar. (If you make it and find a mistake, please let me know)
- I started my Sockapalooza pal's socks on Sunday and finished the first one tonight.
Yarn: Socks that Rock, medium weight, Monsoon colorway (Feb 07 club yarn)
Pattern: Waffle Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
- We had a great "Chicks with Sticks" night last night at the Yarn Sellar. Mel and Annie were there, as well as Doug (whose in town for a few weeks). It was really a good time. Annie, Patti, and I ended up staying for quite a while afterward just chatting. It was a really good night and I only had to rip out a few rows of the sock. I guess I can't do anything more complicated than straight stockinette when I'm gabbing.
- I reserved my room for SPA 6 today. It's going to be in Freeport in February. Hurry and make your reservations if you're going (and you definitely should be going if at all possible)!
- Amanda is having a contest; all you have to do is answer some questions (all the answers are in her previous posts).
- My first spindle spun yarn:
I finished this on Saturday and soaked it and hung it to dry overnight. I'm not sure how much there is, certainly enough for a baby hat or something small. I still have more of the same fiber to spin. I love the colors and I'm pretty happy with the yarn (although you can definitely tell which part is the beginning!).
- Bloglines tells me I have 147 posts to read. I had planned on catching up today, but was busy floating and sleeping and eating. Guess I'll have to catch up tomorrow.
- I am taking vacation time tomorrow and Friday; my plan was to float in the pool, but given the forecast, I don't think there'll be much of that. Oh well at least I won't be working :-)
- It is now almost Thursday so I guess I'll stop here and go to bed.