Carole came up with a great (and easy for me) topic for Ten on Tuesday this week -
10 Favorite Cookout Foods
(in no particular order)
1. My Mother's Potato Salad - My mother makes THE BEST potato salad ever and gave me the recipe so mine is a very close second. Recently she changed it up a little by adding green peppers, which is good, but I still like her original the best.
2. Pepperoni - Any of our family cookouts always have a cheese and cracker platter with pepperoni and the pepperoni is the highlight for me (and the rest of my Italian family).
3. Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions - Hot or sweet, it doesn't matter; I love them all!
4. Hot Dogs - Burned black on the grill - I know, most of you are probably a bit grossed out by that, but I love my dogs burnt to a crisp. Not sure what that says about me.
5. BBQ Chicken - This is another thing that I like burnt; there is something about the crispy, burnt skin of BBQ chicken that is irresistible to me.
6. Beer - A nice cold Corona with lime on a hot day at a cookout = refreshing!
7. My Sister's Pasta Salad - It's so simple, yet so delish! In fact it's so simple I'm going to give you the recipe right here (it came off the back of the jar of seasoning): 4 Tablespoons (1/2 jar) McCormick Salad Supreme, 1 8oz bottle of Italian salad dressing, 1 pound cooked linguini. Mix all ingredients, chill, and enjoy! You can add veggies if you want, and I sometimes do when I make it, but it really isn't necessary.
8. Cindy's 3-Bean Salad - My sister-in-law makes the best 3-bean salad; I could eat the entire bowl of it!
9. CJ's Taco Dip with Nacho Chips - This is one of those layered taco dips that are so delicious - this dish always goes fast!
10. Watermelon - I especially enjoyed this at cookouts as a kid; it was fun to eat the watermelon and spit the seeds; now we mostly enjoy the seedless variety.