Before I start today's 10 on Tuesday post, I'd like to ask you all to send good thoughts my sister's way; she's in surgery as I write this. Not life threatening, but still a pretty big surgery which will require a couple nights stay in the hospital and several weeks of recovery.
ETA: All went well with my sister's surgery!
1. Clover calling me "Nonni".
2. Clover giggling uncontrollably - especially when I "get her belly".
3. Clover saying pretty much anything - she has the sweetest little voice.
4. Laughter of friends.
5. Silence - pretty much the only time I "hear" silence is when I'm in the car by myself; I rarely turn on the radio in the car, even if I'm driving for hours alone.
6. The sounds I hear while floating in my pool on a sunny day - birds chirping, leaves rustling in the breeze... I'll be hearing those sounds in just a couple hours.
7. Kitties purring (just as I typed that, 2 of mine hissed at each other - I do not like that sound!)
8. BB King singing and playing Lucille - especially in concert; we usually have seats pretty darn close to the stage and it's just awesome! We'll be seeing him in less than a month; I can't wait.
9. BB King's band as they do their solo's - incredible!
10. The ocean. You'd think that living 5 minutes from the beach would mean I'd take advantage of this sound a lot but you'd be wrong. I only go to the beach maybe once each summer - too many tourists.
What are your favorite sounds?
(I know I said I'd share what I've been working on, but that's going to have to wait until next time - I have a few things to do before getting outside to enjoy the sun. I do love a sunny week off of work!)